Aims, Visions and Values
Our Christian Character
Achievement Responsibility Knowledge
Our mission at Beer Church of England Primary School is to work in partnership to continually challenge and support all children to thrive in every aspect of their lives personally, spiritually and academically.
Through working in partnership, we aim to ‘Live life in all its fullness.’ (John 10:10 & 1 Corinthians 12)
Our vision is “Growing Stronger Together”.
By working in partnership with each other, parents, governors, our church and the wider community, we aspire to enable all to flourish and live life to the full. Together everyone achieves more!
Our core values of courage, truthfulness, trust, friendship, thankfulness and humility form part of who we are.
These values are referred to as part of everything we do – including learning about life, the world around us and sorting out problems with our friends.
Our aims draw on the four elements of the Church of England Vision for Education:
- Educating for wisdom, knowledge and skills
- Educating for hope and aspiration
- Educating for community and living well together
- Educating for dignity and respect
- To provide an inspiring curriculum so children develop a spirit of curiosity and a passion for learning; support each other to learn, question and debate rationally; have high expectations of themselves and celebrate success together.To enable children to use their acquired skills and knowledge to observe, question and think in order to be safe and successful in an evolving world.
- To encourage children to be be happy, self-confident and resilient individuals by promoting their spiritual, moral, cultural, mental, social and physical development. To enable children to be reflective through their awareness and experience of the Christian faith so they can look forward with hope and aspiration.
- Teaches children to respect the religious, spiritual and moral values of others and to be responsible, caring and active members of the community who can work in co-operation with others and wider society through a sense of self-respect and individual worth.
- Promotes habits of positive behaviour, courtesy and respect for others; ensuring children feel valued and appreciate the beliefs, uniqueness and talents of others. Prepares children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
This is the philosophy of how we want to work and learn – with due regard to the value each of us brings – which underpins all we do including all of the learning that takes place within our school.