Reviewing a child’s progress is key to being able to provide continuing effective support for a child. The review process will take into account the views of everyone involved in working with the child including the parent/carer and the child themselves.
Who will monitor the progress of my child?
- Your child’s class teacher is responsible for reviewing your child’s progress in all areas of the curriculum. The class teacher will assess your child’s progress every half-term and will use this data to inform planning, types of interventions or to identify barriers to learning.
- All teachers are available to talk to parents during the school week, most are available after school and appointments can be made for more lengthy discussions.
- All parents/carers are invited to parental consultations in school twice a year.
- Written reports are sent to all parents/carers in Spring and Summer term.
- My Plans are reviewed on a termly basis, the paperwork will be shared with you.
- Annual Reviews for children with ECHPs are carried out every year. You will be invited by the SENDCo to attend along with anyone else who has been working with your child. You will be given a copy of the Annual Review paperwork. If your child has a My Plan you will be invited to review it with the class teacher termly.